Sunday, July 27, 2008

Touchdown - Boston

After over 24 hours of air-related travel, I finally reach Boston Logan airport at 6:30pm July 26, Saturday. The trip was really taxing and by the time I was at the hotel, I was ready to just sleep. But, it was too early and in order for us to beat the possible jet lag, we went out looking for a supermarket to get our groceries.

The closest grocer was over 1Km. away. This trip, I decided I didn't want to get a rental and that forced us to do our early walking workout -- it allowed us to get familiar with our location as well.

At the supermarket, we got a couple of Rib Eye steaks, some chicken and veggies -- I'll cook our dinner either tonight or tomorrow -- a cost-containment activity! ha! ha! But, the difficult part was lugging our 2 containers of water back to hotel -- 2.5 gallons each. So, not only did I get to do some really long walks, I had my weight training as well!!

We spied a Taiwanese Restaurant along the way and we decided to reward ourselves for the effort by partaking of nice Chinese dinner.

So, after dinner, we headed back to the hotel -- still lugging our packages. By the time we got back, it was past 10pm -- good timing for countering jet lag. I retired at around 11:30pm.

2 comments:

Nora, the golden girl said...

A guy half your age would have just hit the sack, Johnny. And you complain about aches and pains in your body? You're an IRON man!

Johnny Sy said...

Nope -- not an iron man -- just practical. If I had slept, I would have woken up early in the morning because of jet lag!! Really had to stretch as much as possible, otherwise, I'll be suffering further while attending class!