Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mizuno Wave Precision 8

Since I was forced to look for new shoes after the shoenapping incident, I was reminded by my running buddies that I am entitled to a 20% discount for Mizuno running shoes because of the participation at the Mizuno Rush to Infinity Run last June 29. So, off I went looking for the right Mizuno shoes.

I went to the Mizuno store at Trinoma -- Libis or The Fort was just too far from the office. Mizuno has this gadget that determines what's best for you depending on how your feet is analyzed. The shoe fitting required me to bare my feet and stand on this glass-top device. The thing scanned my feet and the saleslady said -- normal arched -- I believe this would be medium arched.

She then presented me two models and I chose the one with a yellow highlight -- it turned out to be a Mizuno Wave Precision 8. I've been trying to research about this on the web but it seems like an older model -- the US site didn't even have the color yellow.



Anyway, I tested it yesterday with a 6K run around New Manila -- it felt good!! So, I now have a new set of running shoes -- and it's a Mizuno, with my 20% discount. My feet just look so bright because of the color!!! I'll probably have to find some yellow shirt to pair with it. he! he!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out this link to runnersworld fall 07 shoe reviews under performance training shoes http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-400--12043-4-1X2X3-4,00.html. i love this shoe too!

Johnny Sy said...

Hi prometheus -- thanks for sending me the link regarding the Mizuno Wave Precision 8 and other shoes. Looks like they reissued new colors for the model for the rest of the world. So far, I'm happy with it. Good luck with the La Salle race this Sunday.

zbsports said...

I like mizuno wave, it is a good shoes for running. I like the color of your mizuno too so cool n yellow.