Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mizuno Race Official Results Withdrawn

Coach Rio, in his blogsite http://runrio.com/, has just withdrawn the official race results of last Sunday's Mizuno Rush to Infinity race.

Here's the entry from his site:

"Hi Runners,

Due to the fact that we can only make the official results as good as only around 40% accurate, we decided to withdraw it on the site. There is no point in posting results that are not even close to the runners expectations. Again we apologize for all the confusion caused. We however maintained the winners list.

Rio"

I guess I would have to agree given the experience at the finish line. I personally counted at least 3 minutes queue time before my race time was accounted for. It's sad because for the most part, the race organization was solid. Too bad that this finish line episode had to put a black mark on the race. Mizuno seems to have a string of bad luck with their two races this year. The first had problems with the water stations -- this was solved in the second race. This time, it was the bottleneck at the finish line.

I just hope this doesn't dampen the enthusiasm of Mizuno, Rush and Coach Rio with his team in organizing future races. Overall, I think it was still a good event. We just need to fix up the finish line issue -- I personally think it can be done with either multiple clocking stations and lengthening the line after the computer before reaching the water stations. You need a big space immediately after the spots where the bib tags were taken so that people can mingle around to get their drinks. Last Sunday, the water stations were just too close to the end of the line -- the crowd prevented the runners from moving forward. My two cents worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Johnny! Congratulations on your second 5k race. And good luck on this sunday's Tik-Takbo. I might skip that because I have signed up for the La Salle Run 10-miler. Yeees! This will be my longest run.

Regarding Mizuno, I was super excited to see the results but got the shock of my life when I saw that my official time is 12 minutes slower. But it doesn't really matter anymore since I know what time I finished. :)

Someday our races would have timing chips, then the Mizuno fiasco would be a thing of the past. By then siguro nagmamarathon or ultra-marathon na tayo! :)

Go for your 10k this August! I think I did 5 or 6 na 5k races before I moved to 10k. But I'm not really a hard-core runner who prepares for the longer races so pikit-mata na nag-sign-up for 10k.

Good luck to all of us and see you hopefully in future races!

-karen

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments.

I'm impressed!!! 10-miler na ang takbo mo sa La Salle Run. It'll take me awhile to get there. The age has caught up with me!! he! he!

But, I'll get there. Good luck with your race in on the 13th. Maybe we can catch each other there!!

--- Johnny