Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shoenapped!!!

I just need to get this off as I'm thoroughly pissed!!!

Someone shoenapped my Adidas Running Shoes!!!

I worked out yesterday morning at the Fitness First gym at ABS-CBN. My usual schedule is between 6:30 to 8:30am. I didn't work out for a week because I was preparing for the Mizuno Run last weekend. I did my usual 10 minute warmup but on the bike this time, not the threadmill. Then, my personal trainer, Boy3, put me through my session. He usually let me do partial circuit training, changing my routine every session so that I get maximum benefits.

Anyway, after working out, I showered up and packed up. Before leaving the locker, I used the hair dryer to get my hair in place. I actually placed my shoe bag back in the locker and pushed it in all the way. Somehow, in a senior moment, I grabbed my gym bag and left my shoe bag!

I didn't even noticed that I left my shoe bag until later that evening after my DLSAA Board Meeting. My friend Henry Atayde had a flat tire and we helped him fix it up. Of course I ended up sweaty so I got my used towel in the gym bag to dry off. That's when I noticed that I didn't have my shoe bag.

In the Eagle Ridge marked shoe bag was a pair of Adidas Running Shoes, recently bought because of the races I started joining (I don't remember the model but it was white with orange markings) and a pair of rubber sandals (yellow with pictures of skulls -- yep, don't ask me, ask my wife why? he! he!).

I went back to Fitness First this afternoon to inquire about it. The guard and the janitor said nothing was turned over. The janitor said they checked all the lockers at night to make sure it was empty and they were empty (supposedly!!). It was locker number 60 in the male locker room!!!

I just filed a report and pray that someone will return it. I can't believe there will be members who would take possession of someone's else's property -- what a bummer!!! Oh well, I still believe in Karma!!! Right now, I have to go buy a new pair of running shoes!! Sakit!

No comments: