Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One Run One Family One La Salle Routes

The La Salle Cares fun run is scheduled for Sunday, July 13. We're hoping for around 5,000 runners -- quite a number from Lasallian schools throughout the country and, of course, the rest of the running community in Manila. Since "Mama Ting's Runners" are scheduled to participate in either the 5K or 16K, I'm taking the liberty of posting the routes for these two distances.

(We're dubbing our running group "Mama Ting's Runners" -- watch out for an egroup and other goodies -- I might as well convert this blog into Mama Ting's Runners' Lounge -- or maybe create a new one -- we'll decide as we go along).


Dante, Ting and I will tackle the easier distance


Our elite running buddies -- Ed and Rico -- will tackle the challenging 16K (or more properly known as the 10miler) distance

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Johnny. Really nice blog! Have seen several posts of yours and wanted to stop by.

Congratulations on your latest run and recovering from the achilles. My career nearly ended with mine and am going through the same thing.

Continue success and good luck at La Salle this Sunday - Wayne

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Wayne!!! Thanks for dropping by my blog. It is an honor having you as a visitor and thanks for sharing your own experience with the achilles injury. I still feel it from time to time but I understand the exercises and stretching should strengthen it over time. I'll try to drop you a line while I'm in the Bay Area.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Johnny. Caught your post and wanted to mention there really is a Runners' Lounge at

www.runnerslounge.com

And you're welcome to form an e-group there--it's free, fun, and takes about 60 seconds.

Good luck with your running in your community.

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Tom, thanks for the tip. I actually have the site linked to my blog but haven't had the time to explore it yet. I'll check it out soon.