Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Running Podcasts

I had a meeting with some students of De La Salle University today -- they're from the Electronics and Communications Engineering Society (that's close to my heart as I graduated ECE and was the charter president of this student organization). We had some discussions on trying to raise money to revive the campus radio project. I told them personally that toying around with analog radio technology might be like working with dinosaurs and that I think it would be better for them to start working with new technology like IPTV or radio streaming or something that would be good for future development.

Anyway, that discussion got me thinking about whether there were any podcasts or videocasts on the net about running -- never entered my mind to seek these out until today. Surprisingly, or rather feeling more amused and delighted, I found a number of entries on google for running podcasts.

I started exploring Running Podcasts -- www.runningpodcasts.org. You can click the title of this post -- it links directly to the website.

Of course, it feels surreal -- working on my laptop and actually listening to the podcasts -- it does feel like I'm back to listening to radio -- not just music but about real live experiences in running. I started listening to 4 Feet Running -- the show's hosts are running couple Nik and Dan -- she's done 4 marathons and training for her 5th while Dan just finished a 10K. (I'm editing this as I discovered their blogsite -- http://4feerunning.blogspot.com/. The other site was unupdated. I'm adding them to my blogroll) They do a once a week podcast and the one I listened to included an actual race and some of their training thoughts. I'll start exploring other podcasts and see how interesting they could be. I've seen some training related podcasts as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your testing goes well, all I want is a good playlist to listen to. I asked some playlists from others before and was shocked to hear what they listen to. Anyway it will be great to be able to just listen to running comments and topics when busy on the pc. Please check out my new blog at www.foreignrunner.blogspot.com
Cheers

Anonymous said...

ECE ka rin pala. Im an ECE grad too. Batch2001.

Johnny Sy said...

Hey Manokan -- that's fantastic!! Glad to meet a fellow ECEer from La Salle. Imagine I graduated 20 years ahead of you!! Makes me feel even older! ha! ha! I'm sure we had some of the same teachers -- Bert Cagingin and Cito Caluyo -- although has transferred to Mapua Tech as head of Engineering. I'm hoping to someday really organize the DLSU ECE Alumni Sub-chapter. Hope you can be active in it as well. Animo!!