Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Running with the Garmin Forerunner 405

I'm a late-bloomer with this new toy of mine. I know several of the runner bloggers have been using Garmin devices for several months already. I also remember Jinoe being interviewed by QTV on its features. Thus, I was thrilled when my unit finally arrived a few weeks back.

I struggled at first setting it up and in learning how to use the product. But, I was especially excited when my running data was finally uploaded to Garmin Connect on the web. Suddenly, I'm seeing my activities recorded and my progress tracked!!! I feel like a kid during Christmas and my presents were opened!!!

Seeing my runs transposed to a map of the route with corresponding data on distance, pace, etc. was truly amazing. I'm a technology guy by profession but it still astounds me how technology is being put into everyday lives.

I brought in two additional units but these were quickly taken up by my friend Dante Briones and the brother of Dave de Leon. I wish them good journey with their adventures on the Garmin Forerunner 405. I'm also excited to find out how my new friend Mesh will find her new Garmine Forerunner 310CX -- the newest member of Garmin for the triathlete.

I still have to fully explore the features of the device and its website but my first contact has been truly astounding!!! Thanks Garmin!!

4 comments:

daytripper1021 said...

magkano inabot pre?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new toy! Gadgets like Garmin and Nike+ have been instrumental in keeping me motivated since it makes every achievement measurable, down to the last meter, second, and heartbeat.

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Daytripper1021 -- the Garmin Forerunner 405 is $349. Kasama na yun GPS unit and heart monitor.

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Dindo -- you're so right!! I've been running blind all year since I started except for the times recorded during races. Pero now, I can actually track the distance and times properly plus seeing them on maps!! Actually very motivating talaga!!