Thursday, July 23, 2009

Globe Run for Home Race Results Out

The Globe Run for Home results are now out. (Click on the title for the blog entry to get to the site.) The site does say that only 83.6% of runners have official results. Possible reasons given are: 1) runner forgeting to bring his chip, 2) chip wasn't installed properly and 3) the chip fell along the route.

I'm glad I wasn't part of the 17.4% without official results. The official time was the same as the time on my Garmin!! Fantastic. But, they also have an interesting way of presenting the results.


I hope this is the start of chip-based timing for all races in the Philippines. I don't know how much the cost was and how much Globe had to pony up for this. But, we're all praying it is affordable enough for all races.

Congratulations to Coach Rio and Globe for a fantastic race!!

No comments: