Thursday, November 27, 2008

Adieu

I remember the days
You keep me company
We celebrate life
We celebrate victories
We celebrate friendships

I also remember the days
You keep me company
You consoled me from failures
You consoled me from heartaches
You consoled me from betrayals

I remember the days
When the more I imbibe
The merrier I get

I also remember the days
When the more I imbibe
The more miserable I get

Through thick and thin
You've been there
Through ups and down
You've been there

Now, I must say adieu
For my body can no longer stand you
Oh for the chance to still savor the froth
Of your maltiness and pilsen breath

But alas, I must say adieu
For with you, I must suffer
Each bottle equates to painful gout

Adieu my friend, Adieu
Adieu Pale Pilsen and San Mig Light
Adieu Cervesa -- Adieu BEER!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were a bard! Sorry to hear about the beer. Does that go for all alcohol?

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Jay!! Ha! ha! Only way the inspiration is there. Beer seems to be the only one I need to shun -- no problem with vodka, gin, wine and others. That's why I wasn't drinking beer at Clark. Beer is my sacrificial lamb. Will miss it! he! he!

Nora, the golden girl said...

Ayos, Johnny! Scotch on the rocks na lang tayo. (now I know how you courted your wife . . . were you a poet then, o ngayon lang, brought about by your desperation?)

kassy said...

Hi Sir!

I have not forgotten you and cheers to your adieu to beer! :)

I'm going to have my feet back to walking - running. I have been away for MONTHS! Oh wow!

Now, Its another roll call for me to finish a 2km without losing out of breath once again. Haaaaaay!

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Nora -- yep, hanggang hard drinks na lang -- which means I have to slow down my drinking -- can't gulp it like beer!! he! he! Poet? Just a bit from the past -- can't do a living with it!! he! he! And I didn't need to use it while courting! :-)

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Kassy -- hope you get back to your running routine soon. Take care.

Nora, the golden girl said...

Johnny, are you joining Yakult or UP ICTUS Run? I'll be accompanying my 2 kids run/walk 3k in Yakult this Sunday.

I'm hoping for a sub 30 in UP ICTUS this Dec. 14. Hope to see you there!

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Nora, I'm running at UP tomorrow. I think I'm also included in the Dec. 14 UP run as well. Catch you then.