Monday, November 17, 2008

Towards my 1st 10k - part 4 -- More pictures of the NB Power Race 2008

I took the opportunity to also capture pictures of runner/bloggers and other friends that I know or recognized during the finish.




My friend and fellow I.T. practicioner, Adi Cruz, also ran the 10K race but stuck around at the finish line waiting for his daughter to finish her 25K run!! I understand she had completed her full marathon during the last Milo Marathon. One of these days!! he! he!



Jay Nacino, a.k.a. Prometheus Commeth, had a strong finish with his 25K



Bald Runner was one of the early finishers!! Definitely my idol -- his accomplishments as a runner are definitely to aspire for.

I recognized Ibanrunner from pictures in his blog. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet up with him. Looked like a good finish too.




Bull Runner (Jaymie), Coach Rio and Doray coming in as a group. Rio's hair, as it swayed with the wind, was definitely a sight!! I was so focused on Rio and Doray, I missed out Jaymie just behind them. I wasn't able to get a good shot of Jaymie until she was passing me by already -- sorry!!



There's Dindo - aka RunningDatCom -- with his patented head gear finishing another great 25K run.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by,

by the way, seeking permition to copy my finishing picture. I didn't had a good finishing picture. My camera died out at the finishing line. thanks... Nice picture...

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Matthew, (I assume you ibanrunner), no problem with the pictures. If you can send me your email address, I can send you the two pictures I have of you. Please send your email to me at syjohnny@gmail.com. Thanks.

Dorothy said...

Wow... thanks for the pics Sir Johnny! I love it! Galing ng camera mo! :O)

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Doray -- ha! ha! Just good timing in capturing the moment. Great to have met you at Clark.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics Johnny, these are really good. As photographers say, wala yan sa pana...nasa Indian yan....you captured my big smile of relief that it was all over!

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Dindo -- ha! ha! Big relief!! I could imagine, especially from your blog account. Sometimes I wonder why we all go through all the pain -- it's the smile on your face at the finish line -- I think that says it all. Congrats and catch you in another race soon!!

Unknown said...

Johnny, no apologies necessary. I completely understand how distracting coach rio's hair is for a lot of photographers hahaha.