Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Balance Power Race 2008 -- results


Ting just send us copies of the unofficial results of the New Balance Power Race 2008. You should be able to review it at the Extribe website http://www.extribe.com.ph/. I'm not sure why they still labeled it "unofficial".

Anyway, I was a little surprised with my time -- I was expecting around 1 hour 18 minutes. I ended up with 1:16:46!!! I was originally targeting a 1:15 run but I'm happy -- the hilly portions of the run really took its toll. I guess I needed more workouts in Baguio!! Too bad it's so far away. This just means I really need more hills training.

Ting and her alagas also posted respectable times:

Allan (Serge) Esguerra - 1:00:45 for his 10K run
Rico Ibana - 2:27:08 - 25K
Ed Francisco - 2:29:54 - 25K
Ting Pascual - 2:58:03 -- her first 25K!!!

It was a great weekend. I'm just down with strained knees and hamstrings. Hope to bounce back later this week for some training runs. No racing this weekend -- too many commitments. I guess it's a good time to recover from my first 10K.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Levy and I was surprised with the especially one long hill when we drove the route the night before. It was a tough course after all so well done on your excellent time.

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Philip -- thanks for the words of encouragement. I was actually surprised with that long uphill stretch. There is still room for improvement but I'm okay with this first attempt. I hope to improve with the next race. Many thanks.