Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June Races



My friend Ting just sent me a registration form for the Manila Half-Marathon Challenge. This will be held on June 22 at Km. 0, Roxas Boulevard. Looks like this is organized by the City of Manila. I'm contemplating on joining the 5K although Ting will now upgrade herself and join the 10K race.



I also encountered another race while perusing the latest issue of Men's Health Magazine this afternoon at The Spa. It's a one of a kind race where you get to compete in a rough terrain location at Timberland Hills in San Mateo, Rizal. It's supposed to be 12K race through gravel, sand, rough roads, some cemented portions and plenty of hills. Now, that looks like a challenge. But, it's on June 15 -- might be too close for my fitness level. So, I'm still contemplating on whether to take up the challenge or not. I've sent the information to my Ting and Dante and see whether they'll rise up to the challenge. If so, that's two consecutive race days!!! Hmmm ... very interesting!!! For those who are interested, check out the Men's Health Magazine site -- http://www.menshealth.com.ph.

No comments: