Friday, May 15, 2009

Interesting PR at Botak

Ordinarily I would have been raving!!! But, somehow, it just didn't make sense. I just saw the results from last Sunday's Botak Paa-Tibayan Takbo Race. I was officially clocked at 1:08:50 (although they misspelt my name -- Johnny See) while Dante was tagged at 1:09:28. This was about 5 minutes off my own watch.

I'm not sure what transpired -- whether there was some computations that took into account the mass start and the position from the starting line. I saw some other blog entries for 42K runners who also complained about having really faster times.

I guess whatever the reason, the organizer has to do better next time. I hope they do because I really like having Botak sponsor all these races. The issue of accurate times and the lack of water stations need to be addressed. They just would have to learn from this and do better next time.

2 comments:

Nora, the golden girl said...

Hi, Johnny! Happy happy birthday! Hope to see you this Sunday at the Mizuno Run. I'll be running 10k kahit walang training. I just feel I have to do this para naman 5k at 50, 10k at 51, hopefully 15k at 52 . . . I haven't run for 5 months now so this race will be a test of how physically fit I am.

Take care and God bless! Wishing you another 50 years of running heh heh . . .

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Nora,

Thank you very much for your greeting. I didn't get to check my blog until today -- really sorry wasn't able to acknowledge your greeting earlier. Sayang, I didn't get to see you at Mizuno. I did 10K also. Hope you did well. I'm gonna try and update my blog on that run now.

Catch you soon.... Johnny